Pressure Cooker Stew Meat With Sauce for Mexican Rice
- Ready In:
For Pressure Cooker
- 2 -3 lbs cubed lean stew meat (no fat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (3 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- Add all pressure cooker ingredients, stir so meat is coated.
- Put lid and seal on.Put gauge over steam vent.Turn heat to medium high to raise pressure to 15#, turn heat down so the pressure is regulated. Cook 15 minutes at 15 pounds pressure. Note: 20 minutes and the meat gets a little dry if there are no bones. Take off burner and let set until there is no more steam.
- Drain meat and save the juices.
- When meat is cool, freeze. You may use for stroganoff, stew, flour & season and braise for gravies with boiled noodles or chop for pulled beef sandwiches.
- Add water to the saved juice tomake four cups of sauce. Add the remaining sauce ingredients,salt, chili pepper, cumin, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika & bay leaf to a four quart saucepan. Add the diced pepper and onions. Simmer for 10 minutes or the green pepper and onions are starting to get soft.Cool. Freeze.
- Note: This sauce is for 2 cups uncooked rice. When ready to make Mexican Rice, thaw the sauce in large saucepan low heat.When thawed, bring to a simmer, add rice, stir, then cover, on low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bay leave before serving. Add more hot sauce if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband & I built our dream home after our children were raised.We didn't hire a contractor, we pounded every nail and board and shingle on it.I have lots of stories to tell about that adventure. My passion is cooking, my grandchildren and living each day like it were my last. I love to drive the big rigs. I lived all over the world for a time and collected dolls and cookbooks. I write poetry. My other passions are the outdoors, country living, the sunrises and sunsets,to give to others more than I receive as it says in the Bible. As I get older I am less judgemental.I hope I have helped someone each and every day. Every day is an adventure! <br /><br />Event Participation! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-SueL-FirstPlace.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>