Pressure-Cooker Mini Meatballs With Farfalle
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 250 g ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, cored, and chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes, from a can
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth, from 1 cube
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 150 g dry farfalle pasta (bows)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated, for sprinkling
- Mix the beef and dry herbs in a medium bowl until the herbs are evenly distributed throughout. Form the mixture into twenty 1- inch meatballs. Set aside.
- In a pressure cooker pot sauté onion, garlic, fennel and red bell pepper in olive oil, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, broth, wine and spices. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the pasta and meatballs. Submerge pasta and meatballs in the sauce.
- Lock the lid onto the pressure cooker pot and bring to high pressure. Once this pressure has been reached, reduce the heat as much as possible while maintaining this pressure. Cook for 5 – 8 minutes. Turn off the heat, release pressure through natural release method. Once the steam is gone, unlock and open the lid.
- Stir gently before serving and sprinkle each portion with grated Parmesan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!