Pressure Cooker Hearty Turkey-Vegetable Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 (35 ounce) can tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed,preferably red or russet,cut into hunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled,cut into 4 to 5 chunks
- 3⁄4 lb small white onion, peeled
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch,slices
- 8 ounces small white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 turkey drumsticks, skinned,about 1 to 1 1/4 pounds each (or 1 drumstick and thigh)
- 10 ounces fresh green peas or 10 ounces frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- In pressure cooker, heat oil; sauté garlic 10 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and salt.
- Stand the 2 drumsticks, meaty side down, in the soup.
- Lock cooker lid in place and, over high heat, bring to high pressure.
- Adjust heat to maintain pressure and cook 12 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop naturally, or reduce pressure with a quick-release method.
- Remove lid, tilting it away from you to allow excess steam to escape.
- Remove drumsticks from soup; cut meat from bone.
- Cut the meat into 1-inch chunks; return it to the pot.
- Discard the bone, or reserve it for stock.
- Stir in the peas, corn and parsley; boil over medium heat until cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious Soup, Everyone loved it. I used 3 turkey thighs, cooked them in my pressure cooker, then took them out of the broth, took meat off of the bones, cut up. Put the broth in a bigger pot added the vegetables and spices, cooked them till done added the peas and corn and orzo pasta. Served it with cornbread. My DH and the grandkids loved it. I will also be making it with chicken we love soup. Thank you for such a good recipe.