President Eisenhower's Favorite Cake
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Cream shortening; beat in sugar gradually, mix in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Add cocoa and flour mixture alternating with milk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Pour into 2 greased layer cake pans.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Frost with favorite frosting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a housewife, I love to cook and experiment with different spices and flavors, there are not many recipe ideas I will not try. EXCEPT! anything that is extremely HOT and SPICY, I have a allot of family members living here and most of us spend the holidays together.We all Love to eat and look forward to the different AND the traditional recipes on the Holidays. My pet peeve...HUM it makes me crazy when someone cooks and leaves the mess pile up, It's easier to clean as you go, that way when the food is done you can actually sit down and enjoy it. I am very passionate about and being apart of the fight to prevent animal cruelty, and helping to educate people about what happens to Children or Pets left in vehicles on very hot or very cold days, also Pets left in extreme elements outside without the proper necessities. I believe that anyone that purposely harms or torturers a child or a animal is a Coward!