Prawns With Peanut Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb medium prawns
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups steamed rice (optional)
- Wash prawns, peel, and devein.
- Place in a large saucepan with wine.
- Cook over medium-high heat until they turn bright pink.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together peanut butter and safflower oil until smooth.
- Add honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, cayenne, green onion, coriander, and cumin.
- Mix well, then add prawns.
- Place prawns and sauce in saucepan and reheat.
- Serve over steamed rice (if desired).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"