Prawns With Garlic in a Spiced Dhal Curry
photo by Brian Holley
- Ready In:
- 1 lb prawns, cooked. peeled and deviened
- 2 cups , dhal
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 curry leaves
- 4 dried red chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place dhal in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer till the dhal is soft but not mushy. Strain the dhal and set aside
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, when they have stopped spluttering add the cumin seeds and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the onions and garlic, cook till just coloured.
- Add the spices, cook for 2 minutes and add the coconut milk, stir well to blend the spices together.
- Now add the dhal stir to incorporate into the liquid, cook for 2 mins add the prawns, as soon as the prawns are heated through SERVE.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY