Prawn Pasta With Garlic and Chilli
- Ready In:
- 200 g linguine
- 100 ml olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 40 g cured ham, sliced
- 2 small red chilies, finely chopped
- 200 ml white wine
- 400 g raw prawns
- 1 small handful fresh basil, chopped
- 25 g fresh parmesan cheese, sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pan of well-salted oil to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil, garlic and chilli in a saute pan and heat slowly until it just starts to sizzle. This ensures that the oil gets infused with the garlic and chilli flavour, rather than just burning.
- Add the wine to the pan and reduce the heat. Reduce slightly.
- In a separate pan, dry-fry the cured ham until crispy (or do it under the grill).
- Just before the pasta is ready, add the prawns to the garlic and chilli mix and stir until pink.
- Drain the linguine, reserving a little of the water and add the pasta to the prawn mix. Stir well to coat. If necessary, use a little of the pasta water.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the basil, Parmesan and ham.
- Season and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!