photo by Muffythechef
- Ready In:
- 20 large prawns
- 400 g pork ribs (soft bone pork is best)
- 1 liter water
- 250 g hokkien noodles (may be substituted or mixed with vermicelli)
- 6 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 g dried anchovies
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 50 g chinese spinach
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chili peppers
- De-shell prawns and keep the shells and prawn heads.
- Clean peeled prawns
- Using 2 tablespoons of olive oil, fry prawn shells and heads in a soup pot.
- Add dried anchovies to the prawn shells/heads mixture and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add water to cooled mixture and bring to the boil.
- Add pork ribs and bring to the boil.
- Crush garlic (with skin intact) and add to broth.
- Lower the flame and let the broth simmer for 30 minutes.
- Dish out and discard the prawn shells/heads and anchovies.
- Add dark soya sauce, salt and pepper to the broth.
- Deep fry sliced shallots in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until golden brown.
- After the broth is ready, cook yellow noodles, bean sprouts and spinach in a separate pot by blanching in boiling water.
- Cook peeled prawns by boiling them in a separate pot.
- Place cooked noodles, vegetables and prawns in a bowl.
- Pour the prawn broth over the noodles and prawns.
- Top with fried shallots and sliced chilli peppers and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to eat <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">