Prawn & Asparagus Noodle Stir-Fry
- Ready In:
- 250 g rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 g peeled green prawns
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 60 ml hoisin sauce (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml sweet chili sauce (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine, vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl.
- Cover with boiling water.
- Set aside for 5 mins or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for 3-4 mins or until prawns curl and change colour.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the capsicum, onion, asparagus and ginger to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 mins or until the onion softens slightly.
- Whisk together the hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, vinegar and sugar in a jug.
- Add the noodles, prawns and hoisin sauce mixture to the wok and stir-fry for 1/2 mins or until heated through.
- Divide among serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with shallot to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Keilor Downs, Victoria in Australia. I am a receptionist in Melbourne. My favorite cook books are anything Weight Watchers or Simply 2 good 2 be true also any muffin or scone cook books. I love cooking easy stuff but I love a challange ocasionaly on the weekends when i have a bit more time. My pet peeve is how much capsicum/bell peppers are in recipes now as i am elergic to them.