Pralines 'n Cream Pie
- Ready In:
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 soda crackers, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart praline ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks, gradually adding sugars.
- Fold in crackers, baking powder, vanilla and pecans.
- Spread on sides and bottom of a 10-inch pie pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Meringue will crack when removed from oven.
- When completely cooled, fill with ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
- Serves 10.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I am an office manager and my DH and I love riding on our Harley! I love to cook and have a large family. I enjoy my family, fellowship with good friends, crocheting, crafts, reading, our Harley! Just getting involved in a new church and looking to what we will be doing there in service. Oh, gosh, if I had month off, I think we would tootle around this great country of ours on our Harley. Never seen the Grand Canyon and would love that... hmmm, wonder who will pay for that!? LOL I love the Taste of Home magazine and my favorite cookbook is Best of Friends, Etc and Best of Friends, Too. Great ones! Along with my dozens of church cookbooks!