Pound Cakes from Heaven
photo by sandraleegarth
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then grease and flour a 6 cup mini bundt pan and set aside.
- Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat at medium speed for 6 minutes, until really light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat for an additional minute.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yolk disappears.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Then combine evaporated milk and heavy cream.
- Add flour mixture and cream mixture to butter mixture alternately beginning and ending with flour (1/3 flour mixture, 1/2 cream mixture, ending with flour.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extract and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour then remove from pan and continue cooling on wire rack until completely cool.
- Serve plain, dust with powdered sugar or serve with whipped cream and berries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Sweet Sensations is an entertaining and lifestyle blog. On any given day, you find recipes for a variety of desserts along with savory recipes as well. In addition to the bevy of recipes I also share ideas and designs for dessert tables, special occasion and everyday tablescapes, simple DIY projects and ideas for home accents.