- Ready In:
- 2hrs 18mins
- IF USING A BOILING CHICKEN, TREAT IT FIRST THIS WAY.
- put a rasher of bacon into a thick pan with (roasting chicken or treated boiling chicken).
- an onion, place the chicken on this, cover the pan tightly and set on low heat for about 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Put the herbs inside the bird with 1/2 the butter, smearing the remainder over the bird, and set the chicken in a casserole.
- place the thinly sliced onion around the chicken and add freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the chicken the stock and wine.
- braise gently in the oven uncovered for about 1 hour.
- When half done add the finely sliced orange, the red pepper, shredded and blanched.
- Continue cooking.
- at the last minute take out the chicken, carve, reduce the gravy, thicken it with the cornflour, reboil and replace the chicken.
- sprinkle the chopped parsley.
- Serve with crist saute potatoes.
- WHEN SWEET PEPPERS ARE OUT OF SEASON, USE A TEASPOON OF PAPRIKA PEPPER.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!