MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Must be Grandma Viv's.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup dried large lima beans
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- garlic powder
- 1 (2 -3 lb) roasting chickens, cut into parts
- Soak lima beans overnight in 3 cups cold water; drain. Place beans in bottom of a heavy pot.
- Brown onion in oil. Layer onions on top of beans.
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder with a small amount of water, just enough to make a thick paste. Smear this paste on the chicken parts and layer them on top of onions.
- Add enough water to just cover. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook about 1 hour. Serve with rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note