Potatoes With Leeks and Rosemary
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, chopped (white part only)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a wok, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until hot, swirling to coat sides of pan. Add potatoes and leek and cook, stirring and turning potato slices until hey turn translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, wine, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for dinner last evening. I sliced the potatoes as thin as I could and they came out nice and translucent -- and cooked up beautifully. The only thing I would change is to perhaps add some minced garlic or some parmesan cheese for a little extra flavor. The leeks added a mild oniony taste that worked perfectly with this. We all enjoyed this recipe, and thanks for sharing it!
This was a delicious recipe. My potatoes never did get translucent - manybe I sliced them too thick. But, they were yummy anyway. I couldn't toss out the green tops from the leeks, so I added them towards the end of the cooking. They added a nice color and a bit of a crunch. I've just discovered the leek and I love it.
The potatoes never did get translucent. They did get glossy from the butter and oil. The flavors are really nice like having potato leek soup with the broth reduced! I dd remove the potatoes after cooking for 20 minutes and then reduced the remaining liquid. Then spooning it over the potatoes. Enjoyed!!!!!