Potatoes Roasted With Stock - Deliciously Meaty!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 1/2 kilos
- 1 1⁄2 kg potatoes
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 (300 ml) packet beef stock
- Peel the potatoes, use a small knife and aim to get even sized potatoes, but rather than curved, made from many flat surfaces; like a faceted jewel. They brown better with the many flat surfaces and they look 'old fashioned'.
- Heat a large roasting pan in a 200 C oven. (Fan forced best)
- Add the oil and then when that is hot
- Add the (dried if you've peeled then earlier and kept them under water) potatoes.
- Cook shaking them every ten minutes, for 30 min, then
- Add the stock
- And cook, (still giving the occasional shake) until the stock has been absorbed/evapourated.
- The potatoes will be very nicely browned, tender and deliciously meaty.
- Serve these with some grilled meat, and salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!