Potatoes in Thick Yogurt Gravy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
we usually have drumsticks and potatoes in this gravy...but this tastes better...preparation time includes the time taken to boil the potatoes (approx.)
- Ready In:
- 2 large potatoes, skinned and quartered
- 1 cup curds
- 2 tablespoons besan flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground peanuts
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- add enough water to the potatoes and boil them until soft.
- let it cool do not drain the excess water.
- in a wok heat oil and add the cumin seed .
- when it splutters add the curry leaves and the chopped tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are done add the green chili paste, coriander powder and the red chili powder.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add in the sugar, peanut powder and gram flour. Stir and gently beat in the curd.
- Add salt and the potatoes with the water. Boil until the gravy is thick.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with thin chapattis.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION