Potatoes Hashed in Cream
- Ready In:
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 4 baking potatoes, baked,peeled and diced
- Melt 2 1/2 Tbls butter and stir in flour.
- Gradually add cream and cook, stirring constantly until cream bubbles and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion and nutmeg.
- Add the potatoes to the cream mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Dot top with remaining butter.
- Bake 350 degrees until browned, about 30 minutes.
- If doubling the recipe, bake for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home, grandma raising my oldest Grandson who is 9 years old and the joy of my life. Have always had a passion for cooking and trying new recipes. As a fibromyalgia 'victim' I'm now looking for easy do ahead recipes.