these are very good with chicken or fish. The lime juice gives them a tang, almost like french fries with vinegar.I have used this recipe since 1977.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, cut in to wedges (8 wedges from each potato.)
- whisk first five ingredients well together.
- season with salt and pepper Arrange all potato pieces in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Pour all but 1/4 cup of the dressing onto potatoes.
- Keep the last dressing to drizzle just before serving.
- Toss the dressing all over the potatoes.
- Let sit at room temp.
- for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Roast potatoes until crisp and brown turning occasionally.
- 60 minutes.
- Drizzle the reserved dressing over potatoes, just as serving.
- Thanks Andy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Amazing flavor for something so simple! My husband and I paired these with his recipe for London Broil and came out with an excellent dinner. We did use dried thyme to avoid having to buy extra ingredients, but otherwise we followed the directions exactly. Thanks so much for a great idea with lots of unique flavor. We'll be repeating this one!