Potato Sausage Soup
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- In heavy skillet, on med heat, cook sausage until browned.
- Add celery, onions, and carrots;,cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, basil and salt.
- Add flour and stir until mixed.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and water, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add potatoes; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Puree 2 cups of the soup in a blender, (careful, it's hot).
- Return the pureed soup to pot and add milk and peas.
- Cook until the peas are hot, about 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A wonderful, hearty soup. My toddler gobbled it up and so did I! I made it easy on myself and used my hand pureer to puree half the pot of soup. I used a full cup of peas and a bit more salt, and lots of pepper. Next time I'll crumble the sausage out of the casings so it is more evenly distributed through the soup. Thank you!
see 9 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!