Potato Salad With Cumin (Tourchi Batata, Tunisia)
photo by Miss Fannie
- Ready In:
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender but not too soft or mushy.
- Cool and peel, cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a small skillet and add harissa, salt, cumin and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and boil for a few seconds. Pour over potatoes and toss.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Add the chopped cilantro or parsley just before serving. Stir it in or sprinkle on top as you wish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Such a nice change of pace for potato salad. Loved the flavors and of course the cilantro. I was a little worried about the amount of heat, but it was just right. I used a dry Harissa mix that I purchased at Whole Foods and it mixed right in with the olive oil and lemon juice. This potato salad is going to be a great addition to our bbq today. Made for PRMR, May, 2014.
I loved the flavors of this. I used red potatoes and elected to leave the peels on. After they were tender I thin sliced them instead of chopping. I used about 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro. Next time I might add onion, but I will be making the recipe again. Served with Pan Seared Moroccan Salmon for ZWT9.