Potato Salad With Cornichons
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs red potatoes (about 24)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 20 cornichons, cut in half lengthwise
- 10 leaves fresh tarragon, torn
- Place potatoes, whole garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon salt in a large pot and cover with 3 inches of cold water.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, let cool and cut into quarters.
- Discard the garlic.
- In a large bowl combine the mustard, vinegarm pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir until uniform.
- Add the olive oil and stir again.
- Add the cooked potatoes, cornichons and tarragon and toss to coat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!