Potato Pancakes - Kartoffelpletter
These Danish treats are not like the traditional "latkes", but are made with rye flour and rolled out into cakes and cooked on a hot griddle. Serve them with melted butter and honey or recipe #504584
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 2 egg whites, beaten until just frothy
- Cook the potatoes in their jackets, in a pot of boiling water, until just tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes, add salt and mash while warm.
- Work the flours into the mashed potatoes, a little at a time with egg whites. Knead the dough well. (You may have to use more or less flour).
- Divide dough into eight pieces and roll each piece on a lightly floured board into a thin round cake.
- Cook on both sides on a greased griddle over medium-low heat until done. Watch them closely to keep them from burning.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION