Potato Leek Soup With Beer Bratwurst
photo by Potagekempcc
- Ready In:
- 6 archer farms beer bratwursts
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (Split)
- 3 (12 ounce) bottles stout beer (*Chocolate Stout)
- 2 bay leaves (Split)
- 6 juniper berries
- 4 cups leeks (Chopped)
- 2 cups carrots (Chopped)
- 2 celery ribs (Sliced Thin)
- 2 cups red bell peppers (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons marjoram (Chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup riesling wine
- 6 cups home made chicken stock
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes (Chopped)
- 3 cups heavy cream (Tempered)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- In a Dutch oven melt 3-tablespoons butter and add Beer Bratwursts. Brown Bratwursts; season with salt and pepper. Remove Bratwursts and place in a saucepan. Add 2 bottles of Stout, bay leaf and juniper berries. Bring to a full boil and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove Beer Bratwurst and hold warm for service.
- Add remaining butter leeks, carrots, celery, bell pepper, garlic and fresh herbs. Add sea salt and white pepper. Saute 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add wine and reduce by one-half.
- Add chicken stock, remaining Chocolate Stout, cream, nutmeg and potatoes. Stir soup and bring to a full boil. Reduce to simmer for 25- minutes or until potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove soup from heat and discard bay leaf. Whisk in creme fraiche.
- Serve soup in warm bowls.
- Garnish soup with Fresh Parsley Sprigs and place a warm Beer Bratwurst.
- *Chef's Note: The Stout should be room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!