Potato Kugel ( Pudding ) Ala Food Processor
photo by petlover
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 6 white potatoes, medium to large size
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1⁄3 cup extra-light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon tsps pepper
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Peel potatoes and put into a bowl of ice cold water. Make sure potatoes are covered.
- 3. Spray 9 x 9 inch glass pan with non-stick spray and set the pan aside.
- 4. Mix beaten eggs with oil, salt and pepper ( mix well).
- 5. Use Food processor grating disk and grate carrot. The put carrot into egg/oil mix.
- 6. Grate onion and put into egg/oil/carrot mix.
- 7. Remove potatoes from water -then grate all the potatoes. Drain the potatoes, in a mesh colander, of most of the liquid.
- 8. Immediately mix potatoes into egg/oil/carrot/onion mix. Add the matzoh meal and stir.
- 10. Put the whole mix back into the food processor ( mixing/chopping blade) and pulse untilt the mixture is smoother but still has texture. You only need to pulse a few times. Then pour the mix into the prepared pan. If the mix looks too watery add a little more matzoh meal. The mix should be on the thick side.
- 9. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until brown and the inside is cooked. Be careful not to overcook or else the kugel may get dry. But make sure the top is nicely browned and the Kugel is firm. Let it sit for a few minutes before cutting into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.