Potato Gaufrettes With Lobster Remoulade
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Saw this being prepared on Emeril Live, 2005. Looked wonderful!
- Ready In:
- oil, for deep frying
- 1 large idaho potato, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard or 1 tablespoon other whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat, small diced
- 4 cups assorted baby greens
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the fryer to 350ºF.
- Alternatively, fill oil no more than halfway full in a large Dutch oven and heat to 350ºF.
- Using a mandoline with a crisscross blade, cut the potato, lengthwise, into thin waffle-like chips.
- Fry the potatoes in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally for overall browning.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper.
- Using a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, ketchup, mustard, garlic, horseradish, and lemon juice.
- With the machine running, add the oil in a steady stream.
- Process until all of the oil is incorporated and the mixture is thick.
- Once the emulsion is made, add the onions, green onions, and parsley and pulse until incorporated, season the remoulade with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- In a mixing bowl toss the lobster with 1/4 teaspoon cup of the remoulade, reserving the rest for later use.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In another mixing bowl, toss the greens with the extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- To assemble, mound the greens in the center of each plate.
- Arrange the potatoes around the greens and plate a spoonful of the lobster of the remoulade on top of each potato.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon of crumbled goat cheese on each salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION