Traditional Welsh recipe from my Nan.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Peel potatoes and boil until fork tender.
- Drain well; return to saucepan over low heat. Add butter; mash potatoes well. Stir in flour and salt.
- Gather mixture into a ball; turn onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead lightly until smooth. Divide dough in half.
- Roll out one half into an 8 inches (20 cm) circle, about 1/4 inches thick. Cut into quarters; set aside.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook dough quarters in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding more oil as necessary.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION