Potato Chicken Salad with a Basil Parsley Mayonnaise
If you like Basil then you will like this salad. With the final seasoning check I sometimes add a bit of lemon juice, and I like small new potatoes best for this salad
- Ready In:
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks finely sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed fresh basil, approx
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 15 cherry tomatoes, approx or 3 tomatoes, chopped
- extra basil leaves, for serving (optional)
- Combine in a large bowl, chicken, potatoes, celery and the onions, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put in your food processor, basil, parsley, garlic some salt and pepper and process as smooth as possible.
- Blend in the oil and vinegar.
- Put this in a small bowl and mix with the mayonnaise.
- Pour this over the salad and mix it very well.
- Cover the dish, leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary, transfer to a shallow serving bowl and garnish with the tomatoes and some torn basil leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is superb! The dressing is so full of flavor. I freeze any basil I have left at the end of the summer, so used some of that. Worked out beautifully. The only change I made, was to omit the tomatoes and just used to garnish. Didn't realize I didn't have enough to add. I won't forget next time. :)