Potato Cheese Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
1 Heavenly Pot
- Take ONE potato, cut into medium dice.
- place cut-up potato and water to pan, cook til potatoes VERY soft.
- Mash it with potatoes masher (leave the water).
- cut remaining potatoes to bite size.
- Add them to the mashed potatoes in the water.
- Add more water (depends on how much's evaporated).
- Cook the bite-size potatoes til tender.
- Meanwhile, Saute bacon, onion, celery til transparent.
- Once potatoes tender, add bacon/celery mixture and the evaporated milk.
- continue boiling and stir.
- Add the cheese.
- taste, adjust to your own liking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Izzy this is great! I used a 255 gram jar of the Kraft Cheddar Cheese for this recipe, didnt need to add cornflour, it didnt curdle. I also used 4 slices of bacon, and 2 celery ribs. The smoothness and flavour of the cheese really makes this a tasty soup. We will have this again for sure. Thanks for posting. =)
Fantastic recipe! I used two jars of Kraft Old English cheese and it was extremely good - very rich but not overly cheesy. I only had one problem with this recipe, and that was that I was unsure about how much water to use when boiling the potatoes since it doesn't get drained off when the potatoes are done. I ended up just using enough to barely cover the potatoes, which worked out just fine. I would imagine though, if I were an inexperienced cook I might forgo making this recipe because of that missing detail, or perhaps I might use too much or too little water. I'm glad it worked out though and I will definitely be making this wonderful soup again as the we all loved it. Thanks for sharing!
Izzy, Creamy soups are my favorite,so I had to try this,I make great potato soup,but had never tried it with cheese.I have to admit,this is better than mine.I did save a step by using instant potato flakes in the water I cooked my bite size potatoes in after they were done.Which is how I thicken my potato soup too. Thanks so much for a great recipe. Darlene Summers
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a proud mother of my twins Darius and Constance; also a grade school teacher. You can understand my need for easy, healthy, fast, and fun recipes! I love to cook with my hubby, who runs an Italian restaurant. But in my kitchen, even he doesn't get to boss me around :)