Potato Broccoli & Dill Soup With Sour Cream
- Ready In:
1 1/2 quarts
- Combine all ingredients except sour cream, parsley and broccoli florets in a large stock pot. Resist the urge to add more water -- it doesn't seem like enough, but it is, and if you add more, the consistency of the soup will be thin and watery.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes and broccoli are tender.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli florets and mash them with a potato masher or fork.
- Remove about three or four cups of the soup mixture and mash that as well.
- Add the mashed mixture and mashed florets to the pot and stir. The mixture should be thick like stew. If it's still runny, mash some more.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream, salt to taste and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a homeschooling mother of six. My oldest child is currently in college, and my youngest starts kindergarten in the fall. I also have a part time job sharing my homeschooling knowledge with other mothers, and I teach 32 kids US History by telephone. I love to cook, and love having company, but don't have a lot of time. I am starting to use once a month cooking and I really like it.