Potato Bread Soup
photo by FoodDramaGirl
- Ready In:
- 8 potatoes (peeled & sliced)
- 3 -4 carrots (sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped fine)
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 75 g bread (3 slices wheat bread, grilled)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- In large soup pot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add potatoes, carrots and seasonings.
- Add water till potatoes are just covered.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on medium until potatoes and carrots are soft (approx. 20 min). Stir.
- Add soup, cream cheese, milk, and cheese and stir till melted/blended.
- In a skillet, grill both sides of bread in margarine. Cool, then cut bread into 1" pieces and add them to the soup. Stir and serve.
- For garnish, you could top with crisp bacon crumbles, chives, and/or sour cream.
- Note: I do not recommend freezing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!