Potato and Cottage Cheese Pie
From The Big Book of Breakfast, 2003, by Maryana Vollstedt. This can be made ahead and baked when needed, as the potatoes are pre-cooked. Potatoes should be still slightly firm, not soft, or they will not grate well. Prep time and cooking time do not include pre-cooking potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 cups cold cooked russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, including green tops
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix All ingredients except Cheddar cheese. Spread evenly in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake until lightly browned on top, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle Cheddar on top and bake until cheese is melted and pie is crispy around the edges, about 10 minutes longer.
- Let set for 45 minutes after removing from oven. Cut into wedges to serve.