Potatismos (Swedish Mashed Potatoes)
- Ready In:
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and boil until tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes with a masher.
- Slowly whisk the milk together with the potatoes, preferably with an electric whisk. Add more milk if the mash is to firm.
- Season with salt, pepper, sugar and nutmeg.
- Add the butter and whisk until melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.