Potage Aux Lentilles Et Aux Lard - Lentil, Bacon and Tomato Soup
photo by Cuistot
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1/4 inch strips crosswise
- 1 1⁄3 cups lentils (Lentilles de Puy, small green French lentils)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven. Add the bacon, onions and celery and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Don't allow to brown.
- Add the garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and stir to coat with the oil and bacon fat.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, thyme and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until lentils are cooked. Add more broth if soup is getting too thick.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!