- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Heat oil in skillet and brown roast on all sides.
- Add all ingredients, except the carrots and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil in the skillet, cover and simmer on low (200 degrees) for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Check after 1 hour and add more liquid if needed.
- Add carrots and potatoes, continue simmering for 30 minutes more.
- Remove meat and vegetables. Discard garlic cloves and bay leaves.
- Thicken liquid with cornstarch and cold water to make gravy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation