Portuguese Style Pork Cutlets
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops or 2 lbs sliced boneless pork loin, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- oil (for cooking)
- Combine all ingredients except pork and cooking oil and pour over pork in a non-reactive container. Let marinate for between 6 and 48 hours (refrigerate for longer than 6 hours).
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and add just enough oil to cover the bottom. Cook pork cutlets two or three at a time until done. Keep finished cutlets warm in a low oven while cooking the others.
- When all the meat is cooked, drain off excess oil and pour the excess marinade into the pan. Cook over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce is thick like gravy.
- Serve the pork cutlets with marinade on top. Rice and/or fried potatoes are essential with this, as is a green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What an excellent method for preparing pork! My partner and I enjoyed this so much we had seconds. I marinated my cutlets for 24 hours and pounded them very thin. After patting them dry with paper towels, I browned them in a couple teaspoons of oil and then added the marinade. I let this simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes while I prepared my rice. I thickened the sauce with a little corn starch mixed with water. It was delicious over brown rice. This is very quick and easy to prepare if you put your cutlets in the marinade the night before you're going to prepare them. Thank you for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher in Cluj, Romania. I am social person who loves to throw parties, especially dinner parties.