Portuguese Scrambled Eggs
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- Add oil to large frying pan, enough to sauté the onions. Heat to medium high heat.
- Cut the onions in quarters then slice the quarters. Add the onions to hot frying pan and sauté until softened.
- Peel and dice the tomatoes then add to the softened onions. Cook until tomatoes are tender. (See the 2nd picture).
- Beat the eggs with the hot sauce, salt and pepper then add to the frying pan, stirring to blend with the tomatoes & onions.
- Let cook slightly, then gently scramble until eggs are cooked. I like large pieces of egg when I scramble.
- Note: Serve with potatoes that have been boiled. Slice the unpeeled potatoes into 1/2" slices and boil until tender with 3 whole garlic cloves, salt and hot pepper flakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.