Portuguese Egg Tart
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from Jas' Kitchen (http://jasnette.blogspot.com/)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
Ingredients for Pasty
- 150 g flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g butter
Ingredients for custard
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 ml evaporated milk
- 200 ml water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Method for pastry:.
- Sift flour, salt, icing sugar & corn flour together.
- Rub butter lightly into sifted flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add egg yolk to form a dough. Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll dough out thinly and cut to line greased patty tins.
- Prick pastry with a fork and brush with egg white.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ºC for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
- Method for Custard:.
- Beat eggs, condensed milk and salt lightly in a bowl.
- Heat evaporated milk with water and sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Pour gradually into the egg mix.
- Add vanilla essence and strain.
- Slowly spoon egg mixture into patty tins.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION