Port Wine Cheese Ball
I love this from the store, but too expensive. I found 1 recipe for this, and it didn't work. I messed around with it until it was what I wanted. The way my staff at work were acting, they think this is the best. I do too, and hope the people at recipezaar enjoy it as well.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a food processor, combine cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Pulse the food processor on and off until the two are just mixed. Put this cheese mixture into a bowl.
- In the food processor, process butter until smooth. While the machine is running, pour in small amounts of Port Wine, processing steadily until well mixed.
- Add the port wine/butter mixture to the cheese mixture. Mix together with a spoon.
- Form cheese into a ball, roll in chopped pecans, or use walnuts if you'd rather.
- Serve with crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Added 1T to cheese and butter mix before blending all together. Reduced the port from 1 bottle to just under a cup, a delicious syrupy scant cup and and 1/2 of the port reduction in 1/2 the cheese mixture. Roughly mixed the 2 cheeses and chilled before rolling in toasted crushed pecans and then chilled firm. Deep scary looking purply cheese - not the prettiest but OMG delicious. Perfect for Halloween pumpkin carving party next to the braised partially peeled sliced tongue! Thanks for the great base recipe. Total keeper!