- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 lb dried cranberry beans or 1 lb lima beans (cranberry preferred)
- 3⁄4 3/4 lb banana squash or 3/4 lb winter squash, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cubed
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- Rinse beans, place in a large pot with 6- 8 cups water, bring to a boil, turn off the heat and allow beans to soak for one hour.
- Drain beans and add chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer another hour.
- In a separate skillet, heat oil and saute onion, bell pepper and carrot, when onion is translucent, add squash and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture, corn and paprika to beans.
- Simmer 30 mins, or until beans and squash are tender.
- Add chopped basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!