Porketta Style Roast (Crock Pot)
This porketta roast is excellent served with grilled veggies or rice and will likely keep your whole family happy. It makes excellent sandwiches on italian bread with mayo and onions the next day too.
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 20mins
- 4 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork butt or 4 1/2 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 8 -10 chopped garlic cloves
- Worcestershire sauce
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- I use a 6 quart for this.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stab pork all over with a fork or knife.
- Then rub seasonings all over the pork.
- turn slow cooker on low and cook for 8-10 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I made this without the fennel seed (I don't like the licorice flavor) and added 2 TBSP water in the crock pot to keep the pork moist. The meat was so juicy, tender, and flavorful! When I went to pull the meat out of the crock pot to shred, the meat was falling apart. My shoulder butt had the bone in. We literally pulled the bone right out of the roast without any effort. It slipped right out! It was such a huge hit with my family that I had to prevent my boys from having a 3rd sandwich because I didn't want them to end up with a stomach ache. I served these sandwiches with a spinach salad and fruit. I will definitely be making this again! Thanks for sharing.