Pork Tenderloin With Caramelized Pears and Onions
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin, cut and trimmed into 1-inch-thick slices
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 firm pears, peeled, halved, cored and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 1 sprig thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- Pound pork into 1/4 inch thickness between plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large saute' pan and add pears, onions and thyme. Salt and pepper to taste. Let cook until pears turn golden and onion is soft.
- In another pan, melt 1 tablespoons butter and add one layer of pork slices. Salt and pepper pork. Cook pork about 2 minutes per side, or until just cooked through and a nice crust starts to form (you will have to cook pork in batches).
- Arrange pork on a serving platter and slather the pear-onion mixture over the top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently, cooking has become my favorite hobby! It is hands-on, involves reading, and new ideas and people. Also, my honey is sure happy about it (but not the weight he has gained)!