Pork Tenderloin and Pasta in Tomato and Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 small red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (can use regular white salt)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups half-and-half cream or 3 cups full-fat milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 9 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained (cook only until el dente)
- parmesan cheese
- In a large frypan melt the butter with oil.
- Add in mushrooms, onions, garlic, red bell pepper and oregano; cook stirring until the onions are soft (about 4 minutes) set aside.
- In a large heavy plastic zip-loc bag add in flour, seasoning salt, pepper, cayenne and chili powder.
- Add in the pork cubes; shake to coat well.
- Shake off any excess flour, then brown the pork in the frypan on all sides until browned.
- Add the veggies back to the skillet along with the cream and tomato sauce; bring mixture to a boil and simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- Add in cooked pasta; toss to combine with sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!