Pork Steak Dinner in a Dish
This recipe is one where you can start it and then go do other "stuff".
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 pork steaks, about 1/2 inch thick
- 8 small potatoes, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 10 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- In large skillet, brown pork steaks.
- Add potatoes and onions.
- In small bowl, mix soup, mushrooms, garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, Worcestershire, thyme, pepper, and chicken stock pour over pork mixture.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender, 60 to 65 minutes.
- Rinse frozen veggies under running cold water to separate; add to pan.
- Cover and simmer until peas and carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We often get pork steaks on sale here in Iowa. We enjoyed this recipe. We did add some additional seasonings to our taste but that is the only thing we changed. I would agree with AZPARZYCH that it would be helpful to precook the potatoes a bit first We had to cook this longer than the specified recipe time. Thanks for the recipe.Reply
This is a wonderful one-pot dish, perfect for these crisp Fall evenings we are having! Made as directed, I used whole mushrooms so they were big enough for DH to pick them out. The only thing that we had a problem with was the potatoes not cooking all the way. I used small red potatoes that I halved/quartered depending on the size and after 1 hour and 20 minutes they were still hard, had to put them in the microwave for a few minutes. Next time I will dice them or microwave for a few minutes before I add then to the pot. Otherwise was a really good dish! Made for Everyday Holiday.3Reply