Pork Spareribs With Sauerkraut
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The recipe is a modified version from the book by Maciej Kuroń „Kuchnia domowa”. Perfect dish for a cold winter day.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 kg pork spareribs
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 kg sauerkraut
- 3 onions
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 -5 allspice berries
- 4 -5 juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup water
- Mix finely minced garlic, salt, marjoram, savory and hot paprika.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Separate the ribs and season with garlic, salt and spices. Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy pot on medium high heat. Toss ribs with flour and brown them until golden.
- Peel onion and cut in half moon slices.
- Drain excess juice from the sauerkraut. Put half of the sauerkraut on the bottom of a heavy baking dish with a lid.
- Put browned ribs on the sauerkraut. Cover with onion slices. Add bay leaves, allspice berries, juniper berries, and freshly ground pepper.
- On the top add reminding sauerkraut and 1 glass of cold water.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes. Remover the lid and bake for additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION