Pork Roast With Apples in a Honey Plum Sauce
A very elegant dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup plum, pitted and peeled, and chopped fine
- 1 cup honey
- 6 granny smith apples, 1/4-inch slices
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast, center-cut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F Mix plums and honey in a saucepan over medium-low heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the apple slices on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish. Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper and place it on top of the apples.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of plum sauce over pork and apples and bake about 30 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees F.
- Pour on remaining sauce and continue to bake an additional 15 minutes or until internal temperature is 155°F Cover roast and allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Loved this roast, especially with the sauce! I used a mild honey so that the flavor of the nice ripe plums would come through! And, I did change the recipe just a little bit ~ Two tablespoons worth, actually, in that I added that amount of a plum wine to the sauce as it was simmering! Thank you so much for sharing such a great recipe (& I'm keeping it around, too)! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]1Reply
see 1 more