Pork Medallions With Wine and Sage
- Ready In:
- Season medallions with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and sear medallions on both sides on high heat.
- Remove medallions and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, then lower the heat and scrape the bits off the bottom of the pan stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the consomme and sage, stir well, and add the medallions back into the sauce.
- Simmer until the pork is done to your liking. I like my medallions just after it has been cooked past med-rare, when it is still a little pink and tender. Using the touch test, it's done when it "gives a very little" when touched on top, in the middle. If it does NOT give, it is definitely done, perhaps a little over done.
- So, when your pork is done, whisk in the butter and serve the pork with a bit of sauce on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!