Pork Medallions With Cider Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 2 inch medallions (should make about 8)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper, to season
- Heat large skillet over med-high heat and add oil.
- Season pork with salt and pepper lightly on each side.
- Sear pork about 5 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Add cider, vinegar and wine and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove lid and reduce heat to med., simmer 5 more minutes.
- Remove pork to a plate and keep warm.
- Simmer liquids until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Spoon sauce over pork and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a winner in my home. Not only was it quick and easy, but it was delicious! My picky child even ate it. We enjoyed it with egg noodles to absorb the sauce, green beans and applesauce. At the suggestion of the reviewers I added just a pinch of thyme. What a great weeknight meal - faster, healthier and tastier than takeout food!
Simple and quick, two of my favorite words are perfect for this recipe. The pork was very tender and moist with a nice zing from the cider sauce. I also added some thyme. I served this with some leftover Recipe #80419 and the flavor really popped. I would totally make again. Made and reviewed for PRMR Tag - Thanks! :)
What a great recipe to make on a work night. I increased the sauce ingredients just a little, to make sure we had enough of the sauce. After tasting it, I felt it needed just a little something, so I added 1/2 tsp or so of herbs de Provence. Thyme goes so very well with both pork and apples, as do the other herbs. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<br /><br /><img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /></p>