Pork Mango Picadillo
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, cubed
- 2 tablespoons smoked almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- hot cooked rice (white or yellow)
- In a large skillet cook the ground pork until it is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Stir in onions, garlic, cinamon, coriander, oregano, thyme. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Gently stir in salsa and mango. Cover and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and cilantro. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Greetings everyone! My name is Mary and I am a native Floridian. I live in Central Florida with my wonderful husband of 13+ years. I enjoy cooking simple dishes with simple ingredients.