Pork Loin With Fennel and Garlic
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recommended to serve thinly sliced at room temperature on a buffet table.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (preferably coarse or kosher salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) boneless pork loin roast, very well trimmed and tied
- Preheat oven to 400°; place the fennel seeds on a cutting board and break them by cutting once or twice with a large heavy knife (if you have a mortar and pestle, give them a couple grinds to lightly crush and release their aroma).
- Combine the fennel, garlic, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Rub the fennel seed mixture over the entire surface of pork roast.
- Place the roast in a 13x9 inch baking dish; roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; using large tongs or two spatulas, carefully turn the roast over.
- Return to the oven; continue roasting about 30 minutes until well browned.
- Remove roast from oven; let stand about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove string and cut meat into thin (1/8 inch) slices; arrange the overlapping slices on a platter; spoon any pan juices over the meat and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION