Pork Loin in the Oven With Apple
photo by Food From Portugal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 2⁄3 lbs pork loin
- 6 3⁄4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 3⁄4 tablespoons white wine
- oregano (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 red apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large onion
- salt (to taste)
- Place the pork loin on a baking pan and season with salt, nutmeg, pepper, oregano, 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, unpeeled crushed garlics, honey and white wine. Let marinate about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Wash and peel the apples. Cut them into cubes and place in a saucepan with the remaining olive oil, the onion cut into round slices and the brown sugar. Bring to low heat and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and pour this mixture over the pork loin.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes until golden brown. Occasionally drizzle the pork loin with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve the loin with roasted potatoes or rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Pedro Raposo Lisbon based, food stylist, food blogger, food photographer, love to cook and eat.